Saturday 2 October 2010

These feet are made for walking

Here I am in Spain, and having an excellent time, seeing places I have read about and studied for years. Already we have been thrrough a general strike into our hotel ,no less, and trying to follow the news in Spanish, and not succeeding very well.
The flight was exhausting, and we had a tedious wait in Barcelona. Computer and internet access has not been possible until today and emails to family naturally take precedence, but now that I have found out how to find the @ key, and worked out the foreign keyboard, as well as coping with all the funny Microsoft idiosyncracies, Once I get some more free time, I may yet get to write a post. As there are only three minutes left, and the dinner hour is upon me, so will save all my interesting and insightful comments until the next opportunity.
I am having a really good time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're safe and having a wonderful time. Drink up the cava and eat lots of tapas!

molly said...

Glad to hear your good time is not being interfered with by all the demonstrations, not only in Spain but all across Europe, including Ireland. People in France are very annoyed with their government for even suggesting that they might continue to work a few years into their sixties, rather than retire, as they do now, the minute they turn sixty! And in Ireland there are no jobs and most people think the first step towards a solution is to sack all the crooked politicians......

Elisabeth said...

Enjoy Spain. i hear it's wonderful.