Friday 19 June 2009

Woe and alas

I'd like to do a rant, as I am feeling very down-hearted about my life. At times it just seems too hard. Sometimes seemingly trivial disputes blow up into what feels like a major crisis which just cannot be resolved. And no matter how I strive, sometimes it seems that what stretches before me is a depressing and unsatisfying life. With little or no support.

It is bad when you start wondering who would go to your funeral, (which in my present state of mind I think should be sooner rather than later) and think that not many people would, as those who are close to me live so far away.

Living with a very old person is not easy.

Probably doing a rant would not help. Probably nothing would help. So I will desist. And try curling up with a good book and listening to some good music. Perhaps I will feel better in the morning.

6 comments:

Frogdancer said...

You will feel better in the morning. If you don't... leave him with a tin of baked beans and a tin opener and hop in the car and go for a drive.

molly said...

Whenever I start feeling like that [and I think we all do sometimes---cheer up, you have company!] I go into my sewing room, find a project and start stitching. It banishes the blues and you end up with something beautiful [doesn't matter if you're the only one who thinks so, you're the one that counts!] Take up quilting or some other stitchery---it's much easier than it looks! Sending you a hug...

den said...

A good rant is the only thing sometimes. It's best to rant and rant until you're all ranted out I find. Best done with ranting juice in my case the bottle of red.
x

Anonymous said...

I'm really sorry to hear you're having a difficult time. Is there any way I can help? Please feel free to rant to me via email (saffronlie@gmail.com) if that would help! I know we don't know each other too well, but sometimes it's easier to talk to a stranger.

Anonymous said...

You will outlive all the people that pee you off. Ultimate revenge :) Hope you feel better soon!

meggie said...

Oh I know just how you feel. Thankyou for leaving me a nice comment. I am interested in so many things, but Gom has lost all interest, except destrying my garden of herbs, & his dog. I love the dog too, but he has made rather a fool of him.
I do find the sunny days help me to feel better.